Is the hair transplantation meant only for men?
It is often thought that hair transplantation is intended only for balding men, but this is not true. On average, a person's head has about 100,000 hairs, about 50-100 of them fall out naturally per day. This happens not only to men but also to women: for men, the upper part of the forehead scalp or the area between the incenses grows bald, and in women, hair thins at the nape of the neck.
What could be done, if we want to stop hair thinning?
Renata Kliunkienė, a doctor-dermatovenerologist at Vilnius Kardiolita Hospital, notices, that it is necessary to provide the body with the proper nutrients and, if there is a need, to take additional vitamins or food supplements. Nevertheless, if the problem is already ulcerating - it is worth to see a doctor.
One of the most effective ways to enjoy lush and healthy hair is DHI method of hair transplantation. Its advantage - no scalpel and no instruments damaging the hair follicle!
- DHI method – it is the transfer of a hair follicle from the donor zone (usually the occipital area) to the site, where it is desired to restore the hair and/or increase its density.
- An extremely small instrument is used to perform the procedure with a nozzle diameter of just one millimetre or even less.
- In order to ensure successful hair attachment, growth and development, during the procedure, before transplantation, the extracted hair follicles are stored in a specially adapted medium.
- According to the desired direction of growth, each hair is implanted into the skin at the appropriate depth, at the required angle using a patented DHI implanter.
- Scalpels or other traumatic surgical instruments are not used during the procedure.
Advantages of DHI:
- The patient's skin areas are not transplanted.
- No noticeable scars remain.
- The procedure is less interventional than a visit to an odontologist.
- Completely safe.
- The depth of implantation of each hair can be controlled.
- Needles that normally injure the hair follicle are not used for transplantation.
- As a result of minimal trauma, as many as 90-99 percent of the transplanted hair heals.