Vaser Lipo - body contouring surgery
VASER lipo (VASER liposuction) is a minimally invasive surgical technique to remove unwanted deposits of fat from specific areas of the body, including the face and neck, upper arms, upper and lower back, abdomen, buttocks, hips, inner and outer thighs, knees, calves, and ankles. This is not a substitute for weight reduction, but a method for removing localized deposits of fatty tissue. VASER liposuction may be performed as a primary procedure for body contouring or may be combined with other surgical techniques.
How the surgery is performed?
Fluids are firstly infiltrated to the subcutaneous fat through a minimal incision and a patented grooved solid metal probe then inserted through one or more small skin incisions. Ultrasonic energy emitted from the sides and end of the probe as it is passed back and forth breaks down fatty deposits. A hollow metal surgical instrument known as a cannula is then inserted and is directed through the area of emulsified fat cells. The cannula is attached to a vacuum source, which provides gentle suction to remove the emulsified fat. Because the VASER liposuction procedure is unique in that it first targets and dissolves fat cells and then draw out emulsified fat, leaving the collagen matrix intact, surgical trauma, complications and the potential for post-operative pain and bruising are minimized while skin retraction is optimal.
VASER liposuction can be performed under local or general anaesthesia.
Recovery after VASER liposuction is faster and result is smoother than after traditional liposuction. VASER liposuction leaves less bruising, swelling, also less pain is felt after surgery in comparison to traditional liposuction. Nevertheless:
- Patient should take about one week off work after surgery;
- Body will be swollen and sore, with some bruising and numbness;
- Special compression clothes should be worn for 4-6 weeks after the surgery;
- It is recommended to avoid active physical activity for 1-2 weeks.
- If you would like to get a quote for surgery feel free to fill in this questionnaire: QUESTIONNAIRE.
- The surgeon will evaluate your general health and prepare an individual treatment plan, our patients coordinator will get in touch with you within 1-2 working days.
Booking the treatment
- Once you are approved for the surgery you can choose the suitable date for the treatment. For women: it is recommended to plan the surgery between your menstrual cycles.
- To book the surgery you will be asked to pay deposit payment.
- Next step - flights and accommodation booking. We can also offer help with arranging Your trip and accommodation.
Preparing for the surgery at home
- One month before surgery you will receive guidlines you will be recommended to follow before surgery.
Preparing for the surgery at the clinic
- You will need to arrive to Lithuania at least two days before the surgery. On the 1st – 2nd a mandatory COVID-19 test is performed, as well as blood tests, ECG, consultation with surgeon.
- Before the surgery you will have to sign an agreement to undergo the surgery and anaesthesia. Please read these documents carefully and if there will be some obscurity or questions sort them out with the doctor and/or doctor-anaesthetist before signing the agreements.
- The payment for the surgery conditions are stated in the Agreement for the provision of personal health care services. The payment can be made by cash or credit card before surgery.
- On the day of surgery it is forbidden to use any cosmetics (make up, body cosmetics, inluding self-tanning cosmetics) or jewellery (including all kind of piercings).
- On the 2nd – 3rd day you will have the surgery. You will need to stay at the hospital for 1-2 nights. Here you will be provided with all needed medication and care. Bring only personal hygiene kit (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb etc.). Pyjamas, robe, slippers will be provided by the clinic personnel.
- After the surgery medicine package is given for the first days after surgery.
- If you have any questions you are always welcome to contact us by phone or email.
Numerous of patients and future patients have already joined our online women only community for plastic surgery. This community is created for people who have had or are planning to have surgery at Kardiolita Hospital in Lithuania and are interested in finding out more information about surgery, surgeon, clinic, healing process or any other prior-surgery or post-surgery concerns and questions. Join our plastic surgery community on Facebook!