Tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty surgery, is a surgical procedure used to correct excess skin in the abdomen, which often is a result of pregnancy or dramatic weight loss. Abdominal wall weakens due to the stretched abdominal muscles – protruding abdomen cannot be corrected with diet or exercise, and in such cases, tummy tuck surgery is the only option. Depending on the condition of the abdominal wall deformity, operating surgeon may recommend a full abdominoplasty or partial abdominoplasty surgery. Tummy tuck surgery can be performed in conjunction with liposuction on abdominal and waist areas. However, in some cases the surgeon may recommend to first perform tummy tuck surgery and then re-evaluate the need to liposuction, 6-8 months later.
- Our prices are all-inclusive and there are no hidden fees. Here’s what’s included in the price:
- Pre-operative tests
- Surgeon consultation prior to the surgery
- Surgeon visits and consultations after the surgery
- Full medical care in the hospital
- Hospital stay with 5 daily meals
- All needed medications while in the hospital
- Medical Manager to assist at all times
- Help with organizing the trip
Price for tummy tuck differs from patient to patient, and surgery scope may vary greatly for different patients.
At the time of consultation, which is usually taking place on the day before the surgery, or the day of the surgery, the operating surgeon evaluates the condition of the patient’s abdomen area and decides on the scope and the techniques of the surgery. Patient’s expectations and concerns are discussed and patient’s questions are answered by the surgeon.
Tummy tuck surgery is performed under general anesthesia, and usually takes 2 to 4 hours, depending on the scope of the surgery. An incision is placed in the lower abdomen, above the pubic hairline. In a complete abdominoplasty, or a full tummy tuck, the incision extends from one hipbone to the other. The skin and subcutaneous tissue as a unit are separated from the muscles up to the lower part of the sternum. The excess skin and subcutaneous tissue below the belly button are removed, the separated muscles are tightened with special stitches, and a new opening is cut on the abdominal wall for the repositioning of the belly button, which is sutured into its new place. The surgery is completed by closing the incision and inserting the drains to prevent fluid accumulation.
If the problem is only the muscles separated (there is no excess skin and the skin retains its elasticity), a partial abdominoplasty, or a mini tummy tuck, can be performed. In such a case, the incision is analogous to the one described above, but is shorter. The skin and subcutaneous tissue as a unit are segmented to the level where the muscles are separated; the belly button remains in the same place and only slightly is moved down
- It is recommended to avoid showering for 3-4 days after the surgery
- Swelling may remain for 4–6 weeks
- Stitches are usually removed on the 9th–11th day after the surgery
- A special compression garment should be worn for 6–8 weeks after the surgery
- Physical activity should be avoided for 3 months after the surgery
- Most patients return to work within a few days after the surgery
- If you would like to get a quote for surgery feel free to fill in this questionnaire: QUESTIONNAIRE.
- The surgeon will evaluate your general health and prepare an individual treatment plan, our patients coordinator will get in touch with you within 1-2 working days.
Booking the treatment
- Once you are approved for the surgery you can choose the suitable date for the treatment. For women: it is recommended to plan the surgery between your menstrual cycles.
- To book the surgery you will be asked to pay deposit payment.
- Next step - flights and accommodation booking. We can also offer help with arranging Your trip and accommodation.
Preparing for the surgery at home
- One month before surgery you will receive guidlines you will be recommended to follow before surgery.
Preparing for the surgery at the clinic
- You will need to arrive to Lithuania at least one day before the surgery. On the 1st a mandatory COVID-19 test is performed, as well as blood tests, ECG, consultation with surgeon.
- Before the surgery you will have to sign an agreement to undergo the surgery and anaesthesia. Please read these documents carefully and if there will be some obscurity or questions sort them out with the doctor and/or doctor-anaesthetist before signing the agreements.
- The payment for the surgery conditions are stated in the Agreement for the provision of personal health care services. The payment can be made by cash or credit card before surgery.
- On the day of surgery it is forbidden to use any cosmetics (make up, body cosmetics, inluding self-tanning cosmetics) or jewellery (including all kind of piercings).
- On the 2nd – 3rd day you will have the surgery. You will need to stay at the hospital for 1-2 nights. Here you will be provided with all needed medication and care. Bring only personal hygiene kit (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb etc.). Pyjamas, robe, slippers will be provided by the clinic personnel.
- After the surgery medicine package is given for the first days after surgery.
- If you have any questions you are always welcome to contact us by phone or email.
Numerous of patients and future patients have already joined our online women only community for plastic surgery. This community is created for people who have had or are planning to have surgery at Kardiolita Hospital in Lithuania and are interested in finding out more information about surgery, surgeon, clinic, healing process or any other prior or post surgery concerns and questions. Join our plastic surgery community on Facebook!