Why go abroad
More and more people living in the UK and other European countries travel abroad for medical treatment each year. Some of them have medical insurance that covers the cost of the services, others self-pay.
Why do people travel?
The main reasons people go abroad for medical treatment:
- Waiting lists are too long. In the UK, it is normal to wait up to 18 weeks for a NHS (National Health Service) treatment, and in most cases, people wait for months to have serious heart, orthopedic and other types of surgeries. This is very common in other countries too and is not acceptable for most people making it one of the main reasons to look for alternatives abroad.
At Kardiolita Hospital, we can organize your treatment in couple of weeks, whether it is a day surgery, diagnostics or a difficult in-patient surgery.
- Private treatment costs are too high. Many patients who choose to go abroad for a treatment, do that because of cost saving benefits.
Why Kardiolita Hospital
At Kardiolita Hospital, our international patients save about third of the treatment price on average (depending on the type of treatment) by performing tests and surgeries at Kardiolita Hospital compared to their home country hospitals.
Kardiolita Hospital welcomes more than 1000 international patients each year for diagnostics, various medical treatments and surgeries of various difficulty levels. We are happy to know so many people are happy with their decision to choose Kardiolita Hospital as their medical services provider.
There are many factors why our patients choose Kardiolita as the hospital, here are just some of them:
- Leading medical professionals
- No waiting lists
- Advanced and effective methods for diagnostics and treatment
- Personalized care of outstanding quality
- English speaking personal medical manager and doctors
- Close to the UK and other European countries – short and inexpensive trip
- Further rehabilitation possibilities in the finest resorts of Lithuania
- Prices significantly lower than in the UK and other EU countries
If you have any questions, or would like to book an appointment or a date for surgery, please contact us +370 694 70170
Why it is worth to choose the treatment in Lithuania:
- Modern clinics and rehabilitation
- Extensive experience of treating patients from abroad. Lithuania is known to be #2 in the world for the lowest number of complications in orthopaedic surgeries
- Air-flights to Lithuania are available from any part of Europe
- Particularly beautiful nature (four seasons in a year) and rich cultural heritage
- All-inclusive services are provided – from diagnostics to post operative rehabilitation in the best Lithuanian therapeutic facilities