Weight loss surgery
At “Kardiolita” weight loss surgeries are performed by a doctor Prof. Antanas Mickevicius . The surgeon is very experienced and well known amongst the leading gastric surgeons worldwide. In the past few years more than 600 surgeries were performed.
- All procedures are performed using laparoscopic technique – during treatment, the video camera and instruments are inserted through several small incisions without opening the abdominal cavity.
- In the absence of complications, patient is discharged home from hospital 2 days after the surgery, and can return to work or normal activities within two weeks.
- Short waiting lists - the procedure can be arranged at a time convenient for the patient.
TARGET PATIENT GROUPS
- Women and men of different age with BMI³ 40 kg/m2;
- BMI³ 35 kg/m2+ adjacent diseases:
- Sleep apnea
- Patients in whom conservative measures are ineffective.
MORBID OBESITY (BEGINS AT A BMI OF 40)
The basic cause of obesity is an energy imbalance between calories consumed and calories expended. To be considered for weight-loss surgery, a patient must meet the following qualifications:
- No endocrine disorders, that cause the morbid obesity
- Psychological stability
- Understanding how the surgical operation causes loss of weight
- Awareness of the fact, that the surgery itself does not ensure the weight loss
- No mental illness, drug dependence or alcohol addiction
- Agreement to stay under long-lasting postoperative supervision
we offer ALL-INCLUSIVE prices with NO HIDDEN FEES. price INCLUDEs:
- Pre-operative tests
- Consultation with endocrinologist
- Consultation with gastroenterologist
- Consultation with anesthesiologist
- Consultation with surgeon
- Surgeon visits and consultations after the surgery
- Full medical care in the hospital
- Hospital stay with 5 daily meals
- All needed medications while in the hospital
- Consultation with dietition
- Diet programme
- Medical Manager to assist at all times
- Help with organizing the trip
REFUND FROM NHS AND HSE
The hospital can provide help to patients with the documents needed to claim a refund from NHS and HSE for medical treatment provided abroad.