Hip joint replacement surgery is one of the top surgeries performed at Kardiolita Hospital. About half of the patients for these surgeries come from other countries – after doing a thorough research, they choose Kardiolita Hospital based on very good surgery results and history.
At Kardiolita Hospital, most operating surgeons have 20+ years of experience and are performing orthopaedic surgeries daily.
For hip replacement surgery, we use only the best, 4th generation hip prosthesis that are being used by the best world hospitals.
Patients having orthopaedic surgery at Kardiolita Hospital, are staying in specially equipped wards.
The quote we will provide to you specifically, will be all-inclusive and there will be no hidden fees. Please get in touch with us to request a quote. Here’s what’s included in the price:
- Pre-operative tests
- Surgeon consultation prior to the surgery
- Surgeon visits and consultations after the surgery
- Full medical care in the hospital
- Hospital stay with 5 daily meals
- All needed medications while in the hospital
- Medical Manager to assist at all times
- Help with organizing the trip
PREPARATION FOR THE SURGERY
All hip replacement surgeries require thorough preparation, hip and patient condition analysis. For patients coming from abroad, we usually advise to provide their medical records prior to coming so that our surgeons could review the information and confirm that the surgery can be performed.
There usually are no waiting times at Kardiolita Hospital, and we are able to accommodate patients for hip replacement surgery within 1 week.
The surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Hip replacement surgery, depending on complexity, takes about 1-2 hours.
For patientsw coming fromIt is recommended to stay in the hospital for 7 days after the surgery.
- Full recovery period may take from several weeks to several months. Some patients are able to fully walk and get back to their regular routines just 5-6 weeks after the surgery, while for some, recovery may take up to 6 months. This depends on the age of a patient, general health condition and the difficulty of the surgery performed.
- At Kardiolita Hospital, most patients are able to stand and walk with assistance on the first day after the surgery.
- It is recommended to move your foot and leg in order to prevent swelling and activate blood flow.
- Recommended exercises and activity plan are provided to the patient for easier recovery.
- Pain medicine may need to be taken for 7-10 days after the surgery.
- Specific rehabilitation program is recommended for each hip replacement patient for easier recovery
- Patients can choose to have rehabilitation in their home country or at Kardiolita Hospital – we recommend 10-14 days of rehabilitation.
Lithuania is known as #2 country in the world for the lowest number of complications after orthopaedic surgeries. Although our patients rarely ever face any complications at all, possible complications after hip replacement surgery include:
- Blood clots in the leg veins
- Dislocation of the new joint
Hip joint Replacement Surgery – 8500 Eur
At Kardiolita Hospital, hip replacement surgery price starts at only 8500 Eur. Please send us a message with your enquiry so we could provide a quote.
Have questions? Call us at +370 694 70170, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org