General and abdominal surgery center
Center for General and Abdominal Surgery – it is a center, where abdominal surgery is performed, diagnosed and surgically treated:
- general surgical diseases (tumors, cysts, hemangiomas, as well as other derivatives of skin, connective tissue and other soft tissues, abdominal wall hernias, gallstones in the gallbladder, lipomas);
- abdominal organs, abdominal wall and proctological illnesses;
- instrumental tests performed: echoscopy (ultrasound) studies, endoscopic studies (esophagogastroduodenoscopy), computed tomography;
- the patients are consulted and treated by general and abdominal doctors (abdominal surgeons)
- provided abdominal surgery services: laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic removal of abdominal and groin hernias, surgery of lipomas, surgeries of thyroid gland, circular mucosectomy of the rectum, etc.;
- minimally invasive surgical treatment of obesity is applied (gastric bypass surgery, surgery to form a longitudinal tube ("sleeve") of the stomach, gastric plication surgery, gastric band surgery), ect.