Breast augmentation and lift
A lot of women are unhappy with their breasts, that have lost their fullness and sagged with age, or after breastfeeding. In addition, for some women, smaller and droopy breast are hereditary. Breast augmentation and lift surgery can change the appearance of the breasts by making them more youthful, lifted and full.
How the surgery is performed?
Usually, two types of lift techniques are used together with augmentation.
- Lollipop lift is performed by making an incision around the areola and vertically from the bottom of the areola to inframammary fold. This technique is used when there is small to moderate sagging of the breast.
- Anchor lift technique is used for heavy sagging or after significant weight loss. The incisions are made around the areola and down the middle to the base of the breast, in the shape of an upside-down T. This gives the doctor the greatest access to the breast tissue for excision and reshaping.
After the incisions are made, excess tissue of the breast is removed in order to lift it and implants are placed. The incisions are then closed with sutures.
- Swelling and bruising are normal and can occur for few weeks after surgery;
- Compression bra must be worn 2-3 months after surgery;
- Avoid increased physical activities and lifting heavy objects for 2-3 months;
- Avoid lifting Your hands up and sleeping on Your stomach for 2 months.