Free of charge treatment with NHS reimbursement
NHS reimburses residents of United Kingdom for scheduled services that have analogues in the NHS system, therefore, you can get the necessary treatment in Lithuania without hesitation, avoiding long queues in United Kingdom.
Kardiolita Hospital, working with partners, will help you find out if the treatment specifically for you can be funded by NHS and provided in Lithuania.
Why is it worth choosing Kardiolita Hospital when looking for treatment in Lithuania?
- Kardiolita Hospital - is a private network of clinics recognized in Lithuania. Kardiolita Hospital has more than 30 treatment centers and works in 45 medical fields;
- Kardiolita Hospital employs one of the best doctors in Lithuania – recognized specialists in their field;
- Organize treatment quickly and efficiently, patients do not have to wait in long queues;
- While getting treatment in Lithuania, you will not have any stress due to the language barrier, will be able to focus on improving your health.
What is reimbursed by the NHS?
NHS reimburses the costs of similar services as in United Kingdom - consultations, diagnostics and treatment (surgeries). Whether the treatment you need can be reimbursed by the NHS will be answered by contacting the NHS - without submitting documents, you will not have to do anything else.
What do you need in order to receive NHS funding for treatment in Lithuania?
In order to receive the NHS funding, it is necessary to submit these documents and meet following requirements:
- A report (extract) on the treatment required/provided. It must be issued by a general practitioner (GP), a doctor specialist, working in United Kingdom;
- Provide documents proving permanent residence in United Kindgom (public utility account, a bank extract with your name and address of residence);
- To have the NHS number;
- Be registered with a GP (General Practitioner).
How does it work?
Kardiolita Hospital with the help of partners, arranges guaranteed pre-authorization of the NHS reimbursement for the treatment services at Kardiolita Hospital. Once the NHS authorization has been approved, we inform the patient of the maximum possible amount of reimbursement and arrange treatment. In this case, the patient pays for the treatment himself, and after receiving the service and submitting the supporting documents, receives the NHS compensation for the treatment in Lithuania.
Important to know
Some complicated and very expensive treatments require prior authorization from the NHS. Otherwise, the claim for the reimbursement may be rejected. The reimbursement level for services reimbursed cannot exceed typical NHS service charges.
NHS does not reimburse:
- Translation services;
- Accommodation costs, excluding treatment time in hospital;
- Travel expenses and insurance;
- Beauty procedures, vision correction surgeries;
- Veins‘ varicose surgeries (except serious cases);
- Procedures, that are not standard in the NHS area.