Quality and Safety
For quality questions, please, contact us by e-mail email@example.com
The company providing health care services, undertakes the following:
- To provide the complex of services according to the patient's needs, on clinically optimal and the most convenient time for a patient, with maximum speed and efficiency.
- To provide services which according to the evidence will help to achieve the desired health outcomes in such a way that the risk to the patient safety would be minimal.
- To ensure that employees communicate with patients, external entities and internally in the correct manner and transmit the necessary information on time.
- To ensure that services are provided by a professional team of specialists using modern medical technologies in a safe, functional and supportive corporate environment.
- To apply the process approach in the management of the company, total quality management and carry out the continual improvement.
Vilnius Kardiolita Hospital was the first medical institution in the Baltic states and Eastern Europe to receive an international accreditation certificate from the organisation Joint Commission International in 2013. This certificate signifies that the structure, management, equipment, personnel, infrastructure, environment and services offered at the healthcare institution meet the highest international industry standards. In 2017, the institution became the first in Lithuania to be reaccredited according to the highest standards.
- International patient safety goals (patient identification, effective communication, management of high-alert medication, ensuring the correct procedure for the correct patient, hospital infection, patient falls)
- Access to care and continuity of care (registration and admission for care, continuity of care between departments, discharge of patients, transfer of patients, transportation of patients)
- Patient and family rights (general patient rights, informed consent, scientific research)
- Evaluation of patients (initial assessment of patients, laboratory services, radiology services)
- Care of patients (nursing, care of high-risk patients, food and nutrition, pain management, end-of-life care)
- Anaesthesia and surgical care (organisation, management, anaesthesia, surgery)
- Medication management and use (organisation, management, selection, procurement, storage, prescribing, preparing, dispensing, administration, monitoring)
- Patient and family education
- Quality improvement and patient safety (design of clinical and managerial processes, data collection and quality measurement, analysis of measurement data, improvement)
- Prevention and control of infections
- Management of the organisation (strategic management, management of departments, organisational ethics)
- Management of equipment and development (safety, security, hazardous materials, medical equipment, utility systems, building, environment, preparedness for extreme situations)
- Staff qualifications and education (management of staff, medical staff, nurses, other specialists)
- Management of communication and information (communication with the community, communication with the patient and their family, communication between practitioners, leadership and information planning, clinical records, aggregate data and information)
In 2014, Vilnius Kardiolita Hospital was awarded a certificate indicating that the company meets the required standart of the Treatment Abroad Code of Practice for Medical Tourism.